Being extracted from many naturally medicinal plants, essential oils are used as anti-microbial, antioxidants and anti-inflammatory. However, we need to know how to use essential oils in a reasonable way to entirely promote the advantages as well as avoid some dangerous effects. These methods below are appropriate choices for you to maintain your healthy lifestyle.
Sense of smell is a tool to effectively stimulate both physical and mental activities of human. Furthermore, each type of essential oils has its own benefits to humans from pain relief to stress and anxiety decline since the fragrance of essential oils are able to lift the mood up in order to help people refresh their mind. As a result, aromatherapy becomes a favored method in improving the quality of life.
There are some simple ways to apply for this method.
- With cool air or hot water as the ideal space, use a good diffuser to cool the temperature as well as purify the air. Diffuse a few drops in the morning, throughout the day or right before going to bed.
- Add to household surface cleaners, or to a load of laundry.
- Place 2-3 drops on a cotton ball and place in an air vent or under car seat.
- Put some drops of essential oils into your bathwater to enjoy relaxing and comfortable sensation.
- Drip 2 – 3 drops onto the floor of the hot shower, away from the water path, and breathe in.
- Place a drop in your palm then rub the palm together or add 2 to 5 drops of essential oils to your handkerchief, and inhale.
- Spraying: Mix essential oils with medical alcohol 70 degrees or 90 degrees then spraying. (Because insoluble oil in water is only soluble in alcohol and base oil)
Pure essential oils will penetrate very well through the skin, absorbed directly through the cell membrane. There are different levels of essential oils and some of them, nevertheless, may cause skin irritation, so you ought to follow the label’s dilution instructions. According to scientists’ advises, if we like to use essential oils, try to find the Pure Essential Oils to ensure the absolute purity. Using impure ones for long term use is unhealthy, especially by inhalation.
Besides, massage with essential oils is also an effective treatment to reduce tension and skin care. Place 2-3 drops of essential oil directly on the desired area and massage in. However, you have to bear in mind that only some essential oils can be directly applied on your skin. For an example, Melaleuca (Tea Tree Oil, Cajeput Oil), Lavender Oil are usable and appropriate for your skin. Therefore, normally, essential oils are not directly applied to the skin but must be used in combination with base oils (coconut oil, jojoba oil, aloe vera oil, castor oil,…)
Mixing ratio: 30 drops of base oil mixed with 1 drop of pure essential oil.
This method is more complicated than the others as it depends on the quality and types of essential oils. High quality essential oil is used internally (only with certain amount). Essential oils are not usually indicated by oral. It has to be made up with reasonable formula to ensure safety because pure essential oils are concentrated. It can cause blisters, rashes or bleeding if you use inappropriate types for sensitive parts of your body.
Using essential oils for appliances around your home is another great method. Adding some drops of Melaleuca oil to the sink while washing dishes or drops your favorite essential oils to the washing machine will create unpredictable effects on your households. Due to their functions, some types help our house be cleaned whereas others can protect you from dangerous insects.
This article above gives us an overview about some main methods of using essential oils in order to be healthier. Depending on kinds, functions as well as properties of essential oils we choose, we will have different ways to use safely and promote their positive impacts on human life.