Spider is one of the most concerns of every household. This article will show you how to use essential oils to repel spiders, but still keep your house clean and safe.
Types of essential oils for repelling spiders
The toxicant in pest control affects too much on human life. Therefore, if you want to keep spiders away from your house, 9 essential oils below are some ideal choices.
- Lemon: The fresh and cool scent of Lemon is the effective hostile of spiders.
- Rose: You cannot imagine that the light and romantic aroma of Rose is one of the arms that easily killing spiders.
- Lavender: Lavender is not harmful to human, but it is toxic to spiders. So, it is a great essential oil which can replace common bug sprays.
- Peppermint: Peppermint is one of the foes of spiders. It is the powerful fragrance of this essential oil that spiders hate.
- Tea Tree: Tea Tree is a popular essential oil which is used to deter various kinds of bugs including spiders.
- Garlic: The extracts from Garlic can cause the irritation for spiders. It also works for harmful insects such as mosquitoes.
- Eucalyptus: Eucalyptus is a deterrent to spiders. The mixture of Tea Tree and Eucalyptus is extremely effective for repelling spiders.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is one of the widespread and useful essential oil which is irritating the arthropod, especially spiders.
- Citronella: The compounds of Citronella are powerful to spiders which help us keep them out of our house.
How to Use Essential Oils to Repel Spiders?
Spraying is the cheapest method for using essential oils to repel spiders. You just follow these steps below and easily keep spiders away from your house:
- Find a spray bottle, wash and dry it clearly.
- After that, choose one kind of nine essential oils above which you like. Add 5 to 10 drops into the bottle.
- Fill in the bottle with water.
- Add a squirt of soap into the mixture and continuously shake until it blends together.
- Spray around the corners of the house and somewhere spiders exist.
With just some simple steps, you can prevent spiders from appearing in your house and harming your health.
Using a diffuser with essential oils is another perfect way for repelling insects. This type is more popular than spraying since we can easily mix different essential oils which we like when applying.
Another advantage of the diffuser is the convenience. Just add some drops of your favorite essential oils into diffuser tools and boot it. It automatically brings the scent of essential oils to around your house.
Essential oils cannot work effectively overnight. Therefore, after one night, you have to spray or diffuse essential oils in the spiders’ areas daily.
When using essential oils, you must carefully research their quality. Besides that, you should ask for recommendations of doctors to prevent some allergies.
Legs and feet are the most sensitive organs of spiders and alternatively work for taste and smell sense. Thereby, essential oils tremendously effect on keeping spiders out of your home. Let’s choose the most favorite essential oil from 9 kinds above to repel spiders without living in the harsh chemical environment.